Babies are here and health. The twins were born Wednesday August 7th at 8:30 & 8:37am.
Averie is breathing all on her own. Lillie is getting help with oxygen. Both on meds and fluids. They were Introduced to breast milk last night, by feeding tubes (Thursday).
Ben and I were able to hold them last night also for the first time. They are both so amazing, tiny and fragile. Ben and I feel very blessed to have our baby girls here and healthy. I am so thankful for our many many blessing and to our father in heaven for sending two amazing girls.
Lillie Lew Beck- 3 lbs 12 oz, 16 1/2 inches
Lillie Lew Beck- 3 lbs 12 oz, 16 1/2 inchesLabor story: Tuesday evening contractions started. But not unusual, as I have had contraction two other times in this pregnancy. Doctors recommend laying down and not doing anything. So me and the kids laid down and watched a movie Ratatouille; while Ben was at young men's. Still contracting a little so I got a snack and went to bed about 10 ish. Ruff night with more contractions; i got up at 2:00am to potty and walk around. Tried to lay back down; got up at 4:00am to see if eating and liquids would help. Finally woke Ben up about 4:50am to go to the hospital. Packed and Piled the kiddos in the car, dropped them off at my sister house and got to the hospital about 5:50 am. My water didn't break so I figured they give me shots and medicine to stop the contractions. Checked in at the hospital and I was dilated to a 6 already with contractions every 5 minutes. Nurses started prepping me for c-section. Doctors were on there way. At 6:50 dilated to an 8 with contractions every two minutes. Still waiting for doctors. In or room, spinal block for c-section administered. Doctors finally get there and decided I can try and deliver instead of c-section. They broke one water but then the other baby move into position. Apparently Averie wanted to come first. So then they broke the other water sac. I pushed 6-9 times and Averie was born at 8:30am. Doctors move Lillie into canal. I pushed 9-12 times and Lillie joined us at 8:37am. The babies sac were fused together. There were two doctors and 9-10 nurses in the or with Ben and I, the whole time. Three nurses waiting for each girl. We felt so taken care of and a little overwhelmed. My doctors an nurses were so amazing! Both girls were assessed and rushed off to the NICU. I was stitched up ad taken to recovery room. Both girls are doing better then I could have hoped for. And for the first time after giving birth I actually feel pretty good. Feeling so very blessed!



