Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fire 2012

  My neighbor came over that morning about 11AM pounding on my door and told me to pack up my house and get ready to leave.  I was reassured by Ben that I didn't need to pack up my house.  I didn't really think it would get close to our house.  Well until my neighbor lady started running up and down the street screaming.  She mde me a little nervous.  Later the police went around with there sirens and made us evacuate.  We were evacuated at about 2PM.  
At that moment I decided I was ready, really all I needed is my hubby and kids.  Everything in my house could be replaced.  
When we got the call to evacuate, it was a bit sereal walking from room to room think what I would need to pack and what could be lost, if my house was to catch on fire.  I did make Ben grab all my photos books and the laptop just in case.  


In the back yard watching the fire

Texting Ben to come home; look how high the flames are

evacuation orders

Picture taken from the park after we were evacuated from our house

 driving around, still not ready to leave.


After the fire Pictures:
 We rode up the canyon on the 4 wheeler.  You can see from this picture just how close it came to some homes
  
Burnt to a crisp